About

Ranger City Library and Community Center

The Ranger City Library was founded by the 1903 Club. In 1919 the library had 4,000 books. Today the collection has expanded to approximately 12,000 volumes, circulating 3000 items per year to its service population of 3600 patrons.

It is funded by the City of Ranger, and supplemented by Eastland County. RCL is a member of the Big Country Regional Library System and an affiliate member of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine.